- From: Europe
- Volume: 10 mL
The preservative is ESSENTIAL to protect your cosmetic preparations when they contain an aqueous phase (water). It prevents the development of bacteria, molds, yeasts ... inevitable in a domestic environment ... so that your beauty products do not harm the health of your skin!
It is a broad spectrum antibacterial and antifungal preservative.
It is a preservative approved by Ecocert / COSMOS in organic cosmetics.
In its liquid form, it is packaged in a dropper bottle which allows precise and safe use.
Applications: Preservation of cosmetic products containing water, such as emulsions (creams and milks), hygiene products such as shower gels, shampoos, cleansing gel and lotions.
Cosmetic properties: Antibacterial and antifungal broad spectrum.
Challenge test carried out on our recipes:
We carry out test challenges for all our recipes containing an aqueous phase.
A challenge test is a specific, mandatory test, the results of which must appear in the product information file (PID). It makes it possible to study the behavior of the antimicrobial preservative of a cosmetic product against several categories of microorganisms.
In practice, the finished product is inoculated with bacterial and fungal strains. The microorganisms chosen are pathogenic for humans, resistant and difficult to destroy: Psedomonas aeruginosa (Gram- bacteria), Staphylococcus aureaus (Gram + bacteria), Candida albicans (yeasts), Escherichie coli (Gram- bacteria) and Aspergillus niger (mold) ).
We count the bacteria and fungi surviving on D2, D7, D14 and D28. Depending on the% decrease over time, we deduce the effectiveness of the conservative system.
Quality: Synthetic authorized in organic cosmetic products.
INCI designation: Dehydroacetic acid, Benzyl alcohol, water
Appearance: Fluid liquid
Color: Pale yellow to dark yellow
Recommendation for use: 0.2 - 1%
Must be used between pH 2 and 7
It can be added at ambient and elevated temperatures.
Store at room temperature away from moisture and light. Close the bottle tightly after use.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not swallow, do not inhale, avoid contact with the eyes.
- Respect the recommended doses.
- Harmful if swallowed. Harmful by inhalation.
Consult the detailed safety instructions below: